Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Save Money (paisa bachao, chindi bano)

I and one of my girl pals were having a chat about "conscious spending"..
That's one area that I invariably fail..that too miserably...

Every month I promise myself
"Girl, you are not taking a rick, take a bus or a sharing"
"Whoa woman...don't go on an online or offline shopping spree"
"Hey, you are growing fat...No eating out...let that pizza and subway be"

But end up splurging enough to put my account balance to shame..

On 6th July 2012, we both chicks decided to pull each other off unwanted money spending..
I call it "Paisa Bachao Andolan"..

How? We had no idea..

We decided on the tried and tested "Maintain a Diary" method...I had tried this..after precisely a week of decent entry..moment the first weekend comes diary vanishes automatically

Then we decided to keep minimal money in out purses..or else hide those 500 and 100 notes in a place that we might forget and get it as a surprise some day.
We set a target as in spend only Rs. 40 per day, anything more than that we get punished.
We decided as a punishment for over-spending we would keep our cellphones at home the next day.

We even made an excel sheet for tracking our expenses.

Week 1: 100% Success
Week 2: 100% success (grin)
Week 3: Tuesday phone stayed home coz Monday I couldn't resist pani puri, Saturday phone stayed home, again pani-puri the culprit (small smile)
Week 4: 100% success (toothy ear to ear grin)

31st July 2012: An embarrassing war dance..woooooohooooo..This is Sparta and I am a Spartan..wooooohoooo (dont ask me where the Sparta thing came from I am just too happy to have my Mission accomplished)

I should treat myself an ice-cream....

7 comments:

  1. Simple - learn from a miser; he/she (Misers are never sexist, take it from me :P) will be happy to teach you a few tricks of the trade.

    Interesting post.

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea AS...please teach me..
    but this idea of saving works good for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol punam thanks for reading
    at one point it was a feat for sure especially when the End of Season sale is on everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever tried the cheesecake @ basilico??
    it's heavenly... :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking you time out to read the post. Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestion to this post.

You can also write to me on bakbak.dee@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!!!