Monday, July 18, 2016

CTT: Bae-sick English

PC: buzzfeed
I do not know where the word "bae" originates from.

For a long time I didn't know what it meant until a teenage kid I know comes me and says "This is my bae and don't we make a swag couple" 
I was like please write it in sane English so she writes "dis is ma bae n dun vee make a swag couple"

1. What is Bae? 2. What is Swag?

Reading that, I tell myself, what language it that? Even Google translate won't help me with this.

I have an aunt who teaches in a really good school, so over coffee I tell her this language and she said "you have no idea how it feels when kids try to fit in answers in 140 characters ignoring all the spelling and grammar"
It's a bad state to be in.

There are kids out there conquering the spelling bee contests and there are kids who are on spelling bae contests. They listen to only English songs with weird lyrics or party songs with absolutely no sensible lyrics. I feel old, I am old school, but I'm happy at least I have my language skills straight.

FYI

Some meme's of Facebook says "Bae is a Danish word for poop"

And a cousin said "Bae" meant "Before Anything Else"

*The Mumbaikar in my wakes up and says* "Kya hai bae?" *Hallelujah"

4 comments:

  1. Lolzzzz I believe so too... it can never be Before anyone else...the poop is the better explanation of this crappy grammar . Good point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe....for the way the word is sued..poop sure is a better way to explain it

      Delete
  2. I have always associated this word with kya be, kyu be :P

    Poop in Danish sounds perfect. I'd probably leave this as a comment when some posts "Dessert with my Bae".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sounds to irritating. eeekkksss....Dessert with Bae my imagination is going "crappy" :P

      Delete

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking you time out to read the post. Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestion to this post.

You can also write to me on bakbak.dee@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!!!