Thursday, January 11, 2018

#Dashtalks: Ivy Gourd

Background of the conversation:
Ivy gourd is called tondlee in Marathi, tindey in Hindi and Awin hates that vegetable because of its name

Awin: Who names a vegetable Donlee

Me: Its Tondlee

Awin: Tonlee is no good name either, I mean, what this thing is some Bruce Lee Jet Li family or what? Some attitude this vegetable has got

*he continues to rant*

Awin: Look at it, staring at me like a fat worm. Such a dumb looking vegetable

Me: How can a vegetable look dumb?

Awin: If its Donlee, it can look dumb 

Me: Just finish your dinner. Its good for health

Awin looks at the curry on his plate and says I am eating you only because my wife says so, I still think you are a stupid vegetable

*While I smile from the kitchen*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking you time out to read the post. Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestion to this post.

You can also write to me on bakbak.dee@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!!!