Monday, October 17, 2016

8th bday guest post 3: Destined to be together by him

This is not just another Monday. This is the third Monday of my blogs birthday month and here today I present the love story of one of the cutest couple I know. A boy with an amazing sense of humor and a girl with a charming smile. Their chemistry is so evident in the pictures they post. Both are animal lovers and have adopted a a cute and shy little dog

Well, here is the story from His side

I had no real reason to hate Her. I just did. Every time I saw Her in office, I would wonder “Who the fuck does she think she is?!?!” 
She had joined work just a few months before me but she already seemed to walk around like she owned the place and everything and everyone in it. And that included me. And that I couldn’t take. She had a boyfriend, who worked in the same office and every time I saw them together, I didn’t know who to feel bad for. We worked together for a couple of months and then I moved out of that job.
I moved around for a few years, freelancing for different companies just to see all that was out there. I wanted to try out all the pastures before I settled down with a little piece of land for good. I had the exact same philosophy when it came to relationships.

About 3 years later, I was on a new project and a few days into it, I was told that some new team members would be joining us for a meeting. As I walked into the conference room, I just saw the back of Her head and knew who it was. I made a sly, mean remark that was intended to imply friendliness and familiarity. It wasn’t taken kindly. 
Over the next couple of months, I realized that I couldn’t connect with any of the other team members and that if I was to have a friend in the entire team, it would have to be Her. The fact that she felt the same way made it easier for us to get along.
By the time that project had come to an end, we both had realized that there was more to this friendship than either of us had intended. It didn’t bother me so much but I imagined my girlfriend would have something to say about this and Her boyfriend (the same one), would definitely have fistfuls to say. As time passed, things started to heat up and after a point they were too hot to handle. I was single again, not because I wanted to be with Her forever but because I realized that my current relationship wasn’t going anywhere, at least for me. Soon, we were in that strange zone where neither of us knew what was happening but we wanted to see where things could go. When things began to become serious, I did the only thing I knew how to do – I ran!

I ran away, out into the open. Ran into a couple of girls but then kept on running. All this, while I was still in touch with Her. She was also single now. After a lot of meetings and discussions, we decided to officially start dating. It was great to finally be with her and not have to hide from the world. Things moved ahead, she moved in and once again, life was good. Soon, her parents, who were more than happy that her previous relationship had ended, started pressuring her to get married to a nice boy. Meetings were being setup and profiles were being shared. I knew all of this was happening and when she asked me about our future together, I still had only one phrase that was harmless and yet effective, “I don’t know”.

PC; quoteaddicts
One fine day, she put her foot down and asked me what I wanted. I told her that I wasn't ready for a lifelong commitment yet. That night she moved out, with all her stuff. The next morning, when I woke up and my hand searched for her on the other side of the bed and found nothing, I knew I was in trouble. I woke up! I decided that I never want to wake up and not find her beside me, ever again!

I decided that in the evening, I would meet her and propose to her. I met a friend and told her about my plans. She was excited, more so because she had never seen me so excited. After a while, a fear set in – what if evening would be too late? I made the call. I told her what happened in the morning and I told her that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. We waited till the evening to actually meet up. I got her a nice little symbolic ring and we had a little celebration that night.

This was the fun part of the story. The drama was yet to begin. Parents got involved. Religion became a problem. Conversion was thrown up as an option. Parents got angry. Eventually we realized this is the price we had to pay and that we were more than happy to pay it as long as we could be with each other. In the years that followed, she managed to turn me into a more responsible man, a more sensitive man, an animal lover and so much more. It’s been 4 years since we exchanged our vows in front of the fire but the fire still burns and she still wows me every day. And yes, I never wake up to an empty bed.

My note: My first reaction was, "This could be a movie script". I love love-stories especially the ones that are so cute. I so want to know her version of the story too. 
Thank you buddy for sharing your story. May you and her be blessed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking you time out to read the post. Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestion to this post.

You can also write to me on bakbak.dee@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!!!