Monday, June 1, 2020

#QuarantineTales: That Work Call - WFH

PC
I was on a scheduled work call.
The meeting was getting heated up.
I made a point, which I felt was the need of the hour.
There were no acknowledgement.
There were no appreciation.
There wasn't even a mention.
I was a bit dejected.
After a while, another colleague made the same point
Everyone, thanked him for bringing it up.
I felt hurt this time.
But, remained quiet. Its a work call right?

I made another important point which I was preparing on for a while.
This fell into deaf ears too.
I felt, no one cared of my point of view.
I wanted to, log out right away.
But, I couldn't because, Its a work call right?

The call was about to end, everyone was saying Goodbye's
That's when I realized, that I have been on "Mute" all this while.

I smiled at myself sheepishly.
I said, an "oops"
And promised myself, not to overthink and never to doubt my abilities.

1 comment:

  1. Really Good One! Never Jump to Conclusions hurriedly!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking you time out to read the post. Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestion to this post.

You can also write to me on bakbak.dee@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!!!