Tuesday, March 22, 2016

CTT: Vacations - Mine & Others

I was sitting on my couch, with the smell of freshly washed curtains wafting in the air and browsing Facebook.

There are a few people I see who regularly keep taking 10 odd days vacation to exotic locations, stay in even more exotic hotels.

I wonder, how do they get so many leaves?
Where is the money for such holidays?
Do they even save anything?

Every month start, when I get that salary sms. Then I get 10 odd debit smses following it for the first week of every month. Then comes regular expenses for the month.

Savings is hardly any.
Even if I do save, it would take me at least a few months to save enough to pay for those exotic hotels.

Also,painstakingly working for 6 months without a days leave gives me 10 and a half days of leave. Ideally, I can take a long vacation twice a year only, compared to the ones I see on Facebook.

Either others manage their time and money really well or I manage both real bad

8 comments:

  1. Haha. This post is so from the heart. Maybe they have parents who sponsor their trips and maybe they have too much leave accumulated or maybe they have a job which requires them to travel quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh..some lucky people. But still I wonder.

      Delete
  2. Some people earn while they travel-like freelancing, advertising, consulting etc

    Others travel on work and and do some personal exploration in between

    Few take paid holidays once a while, come back with tons of pics and keep posting it at regular intervals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shrinidhi, so many people I know travel, I wonder how many people are in the lines that is mentioned. But, however they are quite lucky i must say.
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  3. I think some folks simply have lots more money. We plan our small vacations meticulously - actually set up our Federal Taxes so we get that refund each year. It's our vacation savings, otherwise, we'd have nothing in savings either. Every time we manage a savings build up, the car breaks down, or the furnace goes out, etc. etc.! It's just the way life is. I hope you get to the exotic place soon! We just got back from the beach and did it for under $700. Well worth the expense or should I say refund. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment is so straight from the heart. Loved it
      BTW I fall in the same category as you. everytime i plan to save, some expense crops up. I do hope both of us get to go to some exotic location sometime
      Thanks for dropping by Yolanda :)

      Delete
  4. Same pinch here..the moolah and leaves to travel. My savings zero and makes me wonder how on earth I gonna travel. Guess some people are plain luck or are into black money business..hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Ranveer.
      lol
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking you time out to read the post. Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestion to this post.

You can also write to me on bakbak.dee@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!!!