Friday, December 3, 2010

SS: The Last Salute to Love


THIS POST IS TOTALLY IMAGINARY

This story has been on my mind since the time I met  Major.X  2 years back and he had told me his war stories.
I just could find the appropriate words to put it and give it a proper end

CODE NAME: ZOE
LOCATION: SARAJEVO

His Satellite phone beeped beside him in a very hoarse manner “eeennk aaannkkk…Zooeee…Head to North….I repeat Head to North…Over and Out

Little did the person on the other end know that 26 year old Zoleam was shot and was lying alone on the pool of blood on white snow..

Trapped in the middle of a heavy warzone..waiting for help..Seeing his best buddies being shot..Seemed like he lived a nightmare in 2 weeks..

Jus as he closed his eyes memories flashed by…3 months back

He was there with her…on his knees..at the Central Park with a ring in his hand

Now lying here..with snow falling on his face..all he wanted to do was to tell her what she meant to him..very slowly he tried to say the words "I don't know why I am saying this now here when I know you are miles away from way safely tucked into your bed… this because I really hope that these words  never gets to you, because if it does that means I am dead. It also means I never had time to show you just how much I really did love you."

Zoe went on to recall their first kiss and how every night in the war period he had touched the photograph of her on his headboard "so you could look over me as I slept".He used to tease her picture

He went on: "Well, now it is my turn to look over you as you sleep and keep you safe in your dreams. . .So, whenever you feel lonely, just close your eyes and I'll be there right by your side. I really did love you with all I had. You were everything to me. Never forget that and never forget I will always be looking over you. I love you, you are my soul mate."

After the death of his parents when he was jus 5 years old…She was the only person whom he really loved and care about.


Now when the moment has come for him to go, he slowly looks at the slow day breaking…He salutes the 1st rays of sun falling on his face…faintly smiles and closes his eyes to eternity.

14 comments:

  1. nice work deepa...im impressed...jus a word of advice- all soldiers do not live a life of sorrow...such blogs portray a very sorry picture about soldiers to ppl who don noe d reality...m very 2 b so blunt...but still it a very gud piece of imagination...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @piyush i appreciate your views but there are soldiers who do have an unfortunate fate at the time of crisis...jus tried to portray one such incidents that might have happened to someone somewhere sometime..i also would sincerely hope that no soldier should encounter this fate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. God knows how many such untold stories exist... War is bad :(
    May true love never ever lose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good.....but sad..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dee superb writing... evry war has many untold stories lik this we salute these ppl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good One....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply superb.. Deepa... I LOVE IT..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Maya yea true

    @muru this story wasnt told..it jus was lingering on my mind for a while....as in what if i wer sum soldier who wud be shot..the stories of major.x were more funny than sad

    ReplyDelete
  9. ‎@ganesh it is indeed sad...u feel it wen u imagin urself to b him
    zoe happens to b my favourite name

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice one!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this story reminds me of a chat i had with a srilankan tamil refugee on 2007 dec 31st over few drinks while we were welcoming 2008 . Even the day reminds so green in my heart . He some how managed to find his way to Malaysia. I tried to write his story and I couldnt finish it. I wish he is doing dood and found some light and able to make peace within himself.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking you time out to read the post. Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestion to this post.

You can also write to me on bakbak.dee@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!!!