Monday, August 5, 2013

I Miss You...My Special Stranger

I am sharing my Do RIght Stories at BlogAdda.com in association with Tata Capital.

This post is dedicated to her...whom I know absolutely nothing about..not even her name
here was this really old, frail,bi spectacled woman outside Andheri West station. She used to stand in either the middle corridor or the end of the stairs and beg.
Never in the past 1.5 years have I seen her sitting or lazing or fretting. She always had this unexplainable aura about her.
Every time I saw her I felt this urge to go and hug her, or take her home, give her the comfort of a grand-mom. (Its really an different feeling altogether, I am not able to get words to express it).

This year on Valentine's Day, I wanted to do something special. I got her a bunch of roses, a scarf and chocolates.
I stopped by her, with curious,surprised,agast stares and hush hush around us. I gave her the gifts..and there was this glow in her eyes behind those old glasses. The roses made her really happy, coz when I gave her the gifts, all the said was "Phoool..." (flowers in Hindi) in a small feeble voice and gave a cute single-tooth smile.
I had this single tear, fighting hard not to escape my eyes. My heart was filled with this immense satisfaction.

That day onwards, we used to look at each other and smile, nod or wave. It was like we were expecting to see each other every morning.
I used to sometimes see her in the evenings at Dadar station too


Last one week, she was not there in her regular place.
I was actually missing seeing my stranger grand-mom.
My eyes were frantically searching.
I used to have horrific visions, and I used to calm myself saying "maybe she is in a different place".
But all that while, I had a very nagging feeling on the back of my mind that something was wrong somewhere.

Yesterday, I gathered all my guts and asked a ragged looking man about her.
What he said about her, broke a small part inside me...

He said she died, 10 days back....

My heart stopped beating for a moment,

There was no relation between us except for a daily smile, but the warmth in that little moment was immense..so deep that even today I can see her there...

I want to see her, I want that comforting look, I want that single-tooth smile...God, I so love my grand-mom

I know, she will know now how I felt for her....

My Grandmom...I miss you everyday!!! :_(

Image Courtesy: http://www.grafixalicious.com



10 comments:

  1. Oh that was CHO CHWEET!!! There are some inexplicable bonds we create with people and sometimes our feelings for such strangers surprise us

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you definitely earned an angel in heaven.
    What a beautiful gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grand parents!! the best people you could be around with... You goof up things n are scared of confessing to ur parents, no worries they are there to hide ur mistakes. If you stay away from them, then u yearn to be with them in ur vacations. Of course im talking of the growing up years. Once you grow up to be independent, then you wish you had more time to spend with them at their last stage of life recounting those wonderful times you had with them...Made me emotional D...reminded of my grand parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminded me of my grandmom too ;( i too miss her a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stumbled upon this blog while online. Powerful emotions and a beautiful gesture.... something that the world badly needs. Kudos to being 'there' at the right time for someone who for sure needed it.

    God bless and be well

    Regards

    Ananth V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ananth :-)
      i have heard a saying that my Dad always says
      "what goes around comes around"
      I was nice to her, maybe someone will be nice to my parents when they are old and when im not around

      Delete

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking you time out to read the post. Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestion to this post.

You can also write to me on bakbak.dee@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!!!