Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Grown up Me & my blog

This being my birthday month & tomorrow (21st Jan)  being my birthday I really wanted to write this post that has been lingering on my mind for the past few days.

They say 80% of the time in the shower is spent thinking & 20% in actually taking a shower, it is almost true since the idea of the post came on a Sunday in the shower.

When I started this blog in 2008, I did not know followers, I did not know that blog posts being taken seriously by the world outside, For me it was a medium to rant out
I used to write crappy blogs, with "so-called modern" English (Ma Life, Da house)
I used to use filthy language.
I used to never proof read & had enough spelling mistakes to make a dead spelling nazi die again a hundered times
And grammar? What grammar, something of that sort did not exist on my posts.
I used to write posts about my life, the people in it, my crushes, the crushing of my crushes

Then one of my close friends asked me "Why do you write such personal things on your blog"
Then my reply was "Ma Blog, Ma Rulz" ( How my present me would love to slap my old me)

Now after years, and after trying to grow up I realised, my blog is who I am. It is my personality to the world outside.
Do I want to show that Dee Dee is thrashy?
Do I want to show that Dee Dee doesnt care about people by using a bad language?
No

When I leave my house to go out, I don't dress shabbily. I look pretty, I present myself well to the world, then shouldn't my blog too should be a mirror of the real me that the wanna-be teen me?

So, now my posts are better, they are proof read 5 times before being published, they are carefully posted on social sites.

Me & my blog both have grown, and grown well.

Thank you for all my readers till date, who have encouraged me and at times tolerated a few of my posts too
Happy Birthday to me & my blog

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations.

    We seemed to have begun around the same time. I just did my 3000th post. I am not the same person who wrote the first post either.

    Thanks for visiting. I enjoy getting to the point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woow, 3000th post, that's awesome.
      We hope to learn more in the coming years.
      Thanks for dropping by Gail

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! I am also a January baby (the 19th) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belated Happy Birthday Kimiko, Hope you have a great year ahead

      Delete
  3. You had a wonderful blog journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Ma Blog, Ma Rulz" - you have to admit, it was a good answer though! Haha (:

    Last year I went through my old posts and thought, "What was I thinking!?" for a lot of them, so I hear ya!

    Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same when I went through my post. If I were an outsider, I would have never visited my blog again
      Thanks for dropping by Chelsea :-)

      Delete
  5. "Ma Blog, My Rulz" haha that made me laugh. :) I like what you said about your blog being your personality to the world outside. SO true. :) Thanks so much for linking up with us, Dee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia, Thank you for this opportunity, Its an amazing initiative by you & shelly

      Delete
  6. Wishing you a very happy dear Deepa! :D

    I just realized that you are my senior in blogging. I only started in 2009. More power to you and your blogging!

    Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Soumya
      Do I get to rag you for being the senior? :P

      Delete
  7. Belated birthday Dee Dee. I am late here. I love your blog for its unique flavor and that what makes us stand apart. I can relate to that for my posts earlier were filled with horrible mistakes and shoddily written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ranveer Vishal, for being such an awesome patron. Its people like you that make me write more.
      Thanks for dropping by :-)

      Delete
  8. First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope this year is a good one for you :) Also, you share a birthday with someone special to me --my husband!

    I totally hear you. I started my very first blog in 2008, I believe. It was a way for me to write out and work out some personal things I was going through. I cringe to think about what I shared with the world. Oh, who am I kidding? I only had like 3 followers. Haha!

    I agree with what you said about our blogs showcasing our personalities. It's so true! I guess it would make sense to put your best foot forward.

    Thanks for joining us, always! :)

    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shelly, Glad that you would never forget my birthday :P
      Belated Happy Birthday to your husband.
      Lol I too had just 7 followers, who were my friends and were threatened to follow me.
      I love you initiative BTW ans would be a part of it as long as I can.
      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Love Kumkum bhagya drama, i like your blog about indian drama queen, appreciated and keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking you time out to read the post. Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestion to this post.

You can also write to me on bakbak.dee@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!!!