Wednesday, July 4, 2018

#Barathon 2018: Day 2: Lesser of the Two evils

I am you. You are me. But, I feel I am nicer than you
I hate you with all my heart. I hate what you do to me
I hate what you make me do.
I am nice, I am the lesser of the two evils

I try my best to see that you do not take over me
I tear my hair, I cry my eyes out
But, you get to me faster and I hate myself all over again
But, deep inside I am nice, I am the lesser of the two evils

You made me lose the people I love
You made me do things that I dread
I stand here and fight with you, to an outsider I might look like I am talking to myself
But little so they know that the bigger evil is you.

I am going to end this tonight
I am going to put up with a fight
There is no right or wrong here. All is just wrong
I will not let you take over me ever again
I am the lesser of the two evils.

I turn back and look into the mirror, a sudden realization hits me
It was never you, it was always me.
I am evil, I am bad, there are no two evils but one
And the one is me.

The realization has hit me hard
I am not sure what to do.
But, I am going to do a favor on everyone
And go away forever, I cut my wrist and smile.
I see the evilness flowing away from me
I see light, I see heaven.

I am not running away this time, I am slowing down to look back
I am sorry for hurting everyone around

But, I am the evil, I am the nice, I am me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mental disorders are very hard to detect. It needs care and compassion. It can be treated. Take one step forward and there are million hearts ready to help. Suicide is no solution. Living life and facing problems needs guts.

This post is written for Barathon Day 2: Theme is Run/Sprint/Marathon/Chase

7 comments:

  1. so beautiful. I love the poem and the way you connected it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deepa :-)
      We share our first sames BTW

      Delete
  2. Hey! That is indeed a dark poem with a deep inner meaning. Very subtle and beautifully written. Great going.

    Here is my post.

    http://www.jaispoetryblog.com/2018/07/lesser-of-two-evils-commander-maritz.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton for dropping by and commenting Jai :-)

      Delete
  3. Last month mental illness dominated my thoughts too. Is it anything to do with the gloomy rainy weather ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, its so depressing and sad the weather and it might bring so many personalities out especially for people who are really suffering from a problem.
      Thanks for dropping by Bellybytes :-)

      Delete
  4. This poem speak volume, Deedee. Mental illness needs to be treated with affection and compassion. It's never easy to be the victim of this monster. Loved this poem bringing out the many shades someone go through.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking you time out to read the post. Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestion to this post.

You can also write to me on bakbak.dee@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!!!