Friday, March 1, 2019

Learning a new language

Friend " Can you teach me Tamil?"
Me "yeah sure"
Friend "Teach me some abuse words" (Gaali)
Me *Meh*

Friend 2 "Can you teach me your language"
Me "Ok"
Friend 2 "How do you say I Love You in Tamil?"
Me *Really*

Okay, now this is a common conversation, the first thing people want to learn in a new language is either gaalis (slangs/abuse words) or I Love You. 
Now, seriously tell me, if you go to a new place, how are you going to survive with just gaalis?
Or How many times and to whom are you going to say I Love You too?

I would rather learn the words for food, water, washroom, hotel and anything useful with which I can get away from the traffic cops.

I am sure neither gaalis or I Love You  is going to be helpful in a land where you do not know the language.



1 comment:

  1. Makes sense. I would learn the functional words and easy question answers first.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking you time out to read the post. Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestion to this post.

You can also write to me on bakbak.dee@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!!!