Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A-Z: Vermilion

PC: wikipedia
This post, this color holds an emotional value to me. It is a shade of red, and also the color of "Sindoor"

Sindoor is  is traditionally applied at the beginning or completely along the center parting-line of a woman’s head or as a dot on the forehead. Sindoor is the mark of a married woman in Hinduism. 
The sindoor is first applied to the woman by her husband on the day of her wedding.
Fun fact about sindoor: In hindi movies, when a man applies the sindoor on the girl's head she becomes his wife.
Sindoor is normally Vermilion in color.

Like every girl I had a dream of getting married someday
Like every girl I loved the moment when the groom put the vermilion kumkum on the bride's head, while the holy music play

Then came that moment, when I had tears in my eyes, when you put that vermilion on my forehead 
Promising love, in that moment, all unsaid

One of the few moments that I will cherish all my life
It is the day, when I became your wife

This post is written for A-Z: April 26th (Color: Verimilion)

8 comments:

  1. I never knew what the dot was actually called. I'm learning so much for others blogs. Thanks for the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Martha,
      I too am learning so much from A to Z challenge
      Thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  2. I always wondered the symbolism of the red dot.
    http://enchantedfantasies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know what it means :)
      Thanks for dropping my Thea, BTW love your name

      Delete
  3. Very nice. Thank you! Love the colour. Love your history and insight

    Computare Citus
    Computer Software training helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Red is the symbol of romance:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is :)
      Thanks for dropping by Vishal :)

      Delete

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking you time out to read the post. Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestion to this post.

You can also write to me on bakbak.dee@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!!!